Hi! We’re Radix. We’re building the next revolution of scientific tools so scientists can spend more time doing what they do best: science. Right now, scientists with PhDs and years of experience spend literal hours every day copying and pasting data in Excel and manually pipetting. We think this is a problem and we’d rather they got that time back so they could put more time into important scientific discoveries like curing cancer, alzheimers, and even rare genetic conditions. Radix brings to biology a framework and a set of tools much like the tools for CAD/CAM/CAE or VLSI Design.
The biggest roadblocks biologists face today aren’t scientific, they’re operational. They’re about the sheer scale and complexity of making labs work properly. Increasing combinatorial complexity, choppy data flows, awkward equipment integration and poor software compatibility are all holding scientists–and discovery–back. We’re solving these problems and doing it by making a compiler, operating system, and programming language for the computer architecture of the modern biology lab.
We’re a diverse and merry band of nerds, hackers, and cat affectionados. If you work for us, you won't be the only woman, non-binary or trans person, POC, Latino/a/x, non-US citizen, wearer of silly hats, or cat! A key commonality is that we love working with our smart, passionate teammates and customers and that we’re dedicated to improving biologists’ day to day, especially when it means solving hard problems in CS. We also like mechanical keyboards and interesting programming languages a lot. More than is remotely reasonable.
We’re making progress every day towards dramatically improving scientists day to day. Our products delight our clients who are able to do much more with the help of our software and are able to stop doing the boring mechanics that they hate. We strive to make practical, pragmatic steps towards useful solutions that’ll let our customers. Sounds like the sort of team you’d like to be a part of?
This position is about people and communication. You will identify people working in biology and pharma for whom Radix's software could be useful and interesting. You'll then communicate with them in a way that conveys the value of our tools without getting too far into the technical details of the software systems. This will involve speaking their language. You'll speak with people from various focus areas in biotech and pharma on a daily basis. If you like talking with people, building relationships, and explaining things in accessible ways, this is a great fit for you. This position is also a great way for scientists to use their technical knowledge without needing to work in a wet lab and to work adjacent to variety of different fields.
This is a technical position. You will speak tech with our customers every day and advocate for their needs. Many of the people you'll talk with will have PhDs in their fields. You’ll also get to do a decently deep technical software dive so you really understand how our software works and can explain it to prospects.
A note about our hiring process: we look at candidates holistically without regard to positions that are open. We ask two simple questions: “Will this person make Radix a stronger and more capable team?” and “Are we excited to work with them?” If the answer to both of those questions is yes, we make an offer. As a result, none of the skills are hard requirements and you won’t see desired years of experience in any of our job postings. We are happy to hire people who are new grads (and non-grads) through to industry veterans. If you think this work sounds exciting, please apply!
● If using search engines was a competitive sport, youʼd be on the varsity team. You enjoy internet research and are skilled at finding information you want.
● You enjoy talking to potential customers, determining the parts of their current job that are painful, and identifying and presenting potential solutions.
● Youʼre able to find people online, track down connections, and facilitate contact through a personal introduction or publicly accessible contact information.
● Create slides and written work that communicate complex information simply and efficiently.
● Youʼre able to identify what would create value for potential and current customers based on their needs and work.
● You like to get technical, especially with biology, software, or manufacturing.
● You'll ideally have previous experience in sales or persuasion at any scale or capacity. It can be as simple as convincing your friends to do an activity, fundraising for a volunteer cause, or selling something.
● Enjoy working with highly technical people.
● Able to read people and assess interpersonal dynamics and unspoken motivations.
● Have done some things in a bio lab or think this sounds cool.
● Youʼre skilled at creating sales support materials to help present products to customers.
Radix is an exciting work environment. We care about each other. Weʼre also LGBTQ+, polyamory, kink, gender, minority, and most other things supporting. We're an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.